Okay, well, I don’t have any idea why my last post was on Friday, since the bike ride was on Saturday and Sunday. But hey!!
Well, on Monday nothing much happened. I just hung around working until 2, when my mom took me to meet Rosa and her assorted friends (no offense, guys) to go bowling. It turned out to be only Braden that was a “chaperone,” as my mom described it. (whatev.) At 5, I went running with the crosscountry team. Pretty cool, those runners. I got to run with these two guys who are probably 2 years older than me. Yeah, that was cool.
Yesterday (Tuesday?? No, that was Wednesday. Explanation following)
Okay, Tuesday I just hung around and packed and then later ran with the team.
We left for the airport at 9. Luckily, we found our gate quickly and waited for like 40 minutes until the plane boarded. This is where I explain why I think yesterday was Tuesday. The 11:15 flight boarded at 10:50. It was like 4 hours long, and the whole time Charlie was trying to get me to sleep, so I was dozing with my head propped in my hand. God, it was so terrible. I am so tired! The only good part was when I got to see all the lights of the cities below. Then we got to Chicago and boarded another flight. By now it was Wednesday; note the new line.
Luckily, I was mostly awake by now. It wasn’t half bad; I got to see this awesome sunrise. See, the sun peeks just over the horizon through the clouds so you can look directly at it (without the burning, searing light, of course). It’s awesome (already said that, huh?)! The sun is just this bright red ball in the sky. Okay, enough of this topic.
So we got to my grandparents’ house at like 12: 30 (Connecticut time: plus 3 hours). And I took a nap until 3 or so (a first for me). And I just didn’t really do much. Before bed, Grandma and I looked at all these old pictures of Charlie running and stuff. It was cool.
Today, July, 1, Thursday was a-pretty-pretty-good. I woke up at 9:50, and had a nice breakfast. Then I just hung around, and Meredith and I jumped on a trampoline owned by the neighbors. It was fun. After that, I helped Charlie take out my grandparents’ sink (because it was leaking and stuff). Around 3, my cousin and aunt came over so that was cool. Around 5, my other cousins came. We jumped on the trampoline a lot, and hung out. Again, that was cool. At 8:20, I went for a run (2 miles). It was very tiring. It is 10: 07 now, but the internet isn’t working so this will be posted tomorrow (I’m typing this in a Word document for the moment). Connecticut is great.
Friday, July 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment