Thursday, July 08, 2004

*Wow. Is it already Thursday? Jeez [long sigh]. Okay, here goes:*

All right. On Sunday, we stayed home and had a little picnic of our own. Charlie's aunt and uncle came over, and we talked with them. And we played croquet. My uncle Tom won (darn!), but it was fun anyways; he had to attach a really long pole to the mallet head becasue he screwed up his back. Yeah, so that was cool. And all the cousins mostly hung out inside (out inside? ha ha!) and listened to CDs and played computer games. I got the high score for pinball; I am very proud of myself, but it will only be a matter of time before Megan beats it again, dangit.

Monday: we woke up early! TO GO TO NEW YORK! Okay, so we rode the train there, and I was really tired, BUT WE WERE IN NEW YORK!
We saw all the street vendors, but we had to go to the American Girl store (ack.) But then we left and went to this really awesome Gothic church and spent lots of time in there. We did have a minor incident with water bottles....but I won't speak of that here. Then we went to Central Park and ate at this really fancy restaurant where they had guys in the bathrooms who turned on the sink for you. After that, we saw the Museum of Natural History, which was very awesome. Finally, we went to the Eiffel Tower. No, wait. Uhhhh..... Empire State Building. That's it! It was really overrated because it took so long to get up there, and there were too many people and there was smog and the view wasn't good enough and....it was cool. So then we went back and I was really tired on the return trip.

*Unfortuantely, no more can be posted at this time as Charlie wants me to go to bed early. Jeez.

No comments: