Sunday, July 04, 2004

I think I’ll be recounting Thursday.
I woke up and stuff, and yeah, I just hung around and played with the cousins. Lots of jumping on the trampoline and card playing. I ran for 2 miles after dinner. Bad idea.
Unfortunately, I found that I couldn’t sleep that night. Dang it! “One last Breath” by Creed was stuck in my head (a song, for those nerds reading this page). I was up until at least 2, but I did sleep in until 10.

Friday was good. During breakfast, my Grandpa told us about when he was in the army. He was in Patton’s army! He told about this time when he got a rifle shipped home to his father, and about when he was an ammunition carrier. Very cool. Other than that, it was more of the same: playing with the cousins. Croquet and yard games like that. It was cool. Before dinner, (good for me) I ran 5 miles, although I’m sure it was more. I ran down to this huge old brownstone church that was built like three or four hundred years ago. It was cool, but on the way I had to pass this scary drunk guy who kept yelling about sports and his team. Creepy. Naturally, I couldn’t sleep last night either. I stayed up until 4 reading The Da Vinci Code. Good book. Read it if you haven’t. My back hurts in places I didn’t even know I had.

Well, today, Saturday…

No comments: