I hope everyone had a good Christmas/other holiday. I did. Well, except for the part where my family gave me stuff even though I asked them not too. Oh, well...
I've spent the last few days hanging at home, and kind of trying to work on my History Day project. Problem is, I don't know what to do, so I waste a lot of time. Thus, I have come up with a new strategy: Don't do any work on it until the last minute, since that is when I would have it done anyway. In this way, I won't waste my "break" worrying about it. Hell, it's due on the 9th. Right?
Like I said, I've spent a lot of time at home. Talking on AIM (hey Keir!), walking my dog, playing some video games. On Tuesday, I went to Zach's house for some [se]Xbox 360. Man, that thing is sweet. We played some Call of Duty 2, some Quake 4, and of course some Perfect Dark Zero.
Call of Duty 2: We played this one first, because we thought it had co-op mode. We were wrong, but my oh my. The graphics are smooth and crisp, the sound is clear, the guns are deadly. I played a level in which I was a Soviet (WWII, here) fighting the German fascists. The commander repeatedly said the word fascists in a negative tone, greatly enhancing the gameplay experience. The level ended when we blew up the German building ("That's how you reason with fascists!" yelled the commander). Then Zach and I went head-to-head. The radar is based upon sound; when the enemy fires a shot, you can see their location for about a second. It was difficult, but a kill cam helped me to even the playing field. I came out only a couple kills behind him each time.
Quake 4: Made by id software, the makers of the DOOM series. Need I say more? Gory graphics, but a slow framerate. That said, the game is awesome. Earth is fighting the alien Strogg of planet Stroggos, and you're a marine who just landed [on Stroggos]. The game consists mainly of walking through dark, narrow corriders and blasting Strogg as they jump out at you. Mmmm...
Perfect Dark Zero: The old (relatively) 360 standby. I don't know much about the storyline, but it's crap. A good old shooter, with lots of...shoot-y...goodness. Lots of different weapons wtih all sorts of different ways to frag your opponents. We play split-screen online (why wouldn't you), and the only problems are a) noobs, by which I mean people who can't find the "r" button, and b) the fact that everyone plays the worst game mode, "Territorial Gains" (you have to defend little pillars from enemy conversion).
Tonight, I'm gonna go over to Jacob's and play some games. We're also deciding what to do for New Year's Eve, so yeah. I'm sure I won't update for a few more days, so happy New Year's everyone! And stop it with that History Day junk!
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment