Yes, well. These last few days have been quite exciting indeed. And by exciting I mean boring. I've been sick since Saturday. I caught some virus (which needs to use host cells to reproduce, in case you didn't know) and I had a constant headache for probably the first 72 hours. I'm better now, though, some tens of levels and a couple of 'dex entries later. I've been playing a lot of Tales of Symphonia, a really awesome ARPG (action role playing game) along with some Starcraft. And I've gotten back into Pokemon, too( for those of you who don't know, I *still* play Pokemon). It's a very fun and complicated game, despite what you'll hear haters say (do they ever say anything good)?
Now if you're what we call the "PK-impaired," you might want to skip over this next section.
You didn't just see me call Pokemon 'complicated,' did you? Well, it is. One of those complications is the Effort Value [EV] system, a complex system that influences the stat growth of your characters (Pokemon). It works like this: every time you fight a Pokemon, you gain some EV points from it. There are six different kinds of EV points: one for each stat in the game. Anyway, what type of points you get depends upon the Pokemon that you're fighting: suppose that I fight a Pokemon with high attack: say, Rhydon. Then I get attack EVs, and my attack will go up more when I level up. EVs work kind of like that, anyhow.
Of course, your stats also depend upon your Intrinsic Values [IVs]. These are prepackaged and can't be changed, and it's really hard to figure out what they are without used advanced programs to calculate them. Even then, there's still a margin of error.
Anyhow, the point I'm trying to make is that what you isn't always what you get. Sink deep into thought and get back to me on that one.
Thursday, December 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We don't stop playing Pokemon because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing Pokemon.
Hey I finally updated my blog. Comment.
When can I borrow Resident Evil 4?
Post a Comment