Saturday, November 26, 2005

Pokermon--Insomnia Version

Well, last night there was a sweet poker party at Steven's house. I came, along with Orion, Steven, Sai, David, Zach, and Jake. We paid a $5 cover, except for Sai, who threw in two boxes of mints. It was decided that the ultimate winner and chip champion would get the pot. And so the gambling commenced. Zac, David, Sai, and I were at a table for less-good people; Steven, Jake, and Orion were at the good-people table. Long story short, David won it all. Meanwhile, those of us who were out spent the time watching Zach surf Myspace for "hot chicks," which in Zachian means "soft-core porn that's okay because the website doesn't contain the word 'sex.'" Oh, and I drank about 75% of the 2-liter Mountain Dew throughout the night. It was fine until I got home. I went to bed at 11 and tried to sleep until 12, when I started 1984. Great book. Probably easier to read when your eyes don't hurt and you're not trying to stave off vomiting. I finally drifted off sometime around 1:30 and woke up, of course, at 7:14. Damn.

No comments: