I owe David, Steve, and Keir and apology.
I shouldn't have left you guys like that tonight—it was real douchebaggery. One of my friends from Eastern called and I was really excited to talk, so I kind of dropped everything else. I ought to have at least said something and signed off BNet so you could know what was going on. I really cocked out this time.
This was a violation of my respect for myself and for you. I gave in to a kakohexis. This won't happen again, unless said person really is in a much more dire circumstance.
That said, let me present you with funny things.
But first, NOTE FOR DAVID regarding Owl City. It is just like The Beatles—the really important things have been shoved under a heap of She Came in THrough the Bathroom Window, Yellow Submarine, and Come Together. The songs which are really meaningful are from the Maybe I'm Dreaming album and are: On the Wing, The Technicolor Phase, Dear Vienna (!!) and I'll Meet You There. Fireflies, off their second album, is also quite good, although it is a hit single.
[breakfast today—Several minutes ago, my mom called the house from work to ask if we have seen her glasses around because she is missing them. She has just called again to say that her glasses were in her backpack all along]
Me: Aha. Hehehehe. That sort of thing is so funny. So, it WAS there all along.
Charlie: What?
Me: When we are looking for something, we look so hard and we cannot find it. When we finally do find it, it's in an easy and obvious place. If we want to find it, what we ought to do is allow ourselves to make it easy, and just relax and think of the object. Then we will be able to find it so easily.
Charlie: Oh no, don't you start this Jedi Master stuff with me again! How about that receipt for mom's picture frame that you lost?!
Me: . . .
[I still haven't found it...]
Taken from a Facebook correspondence with my friend John, who I plan to wed to his girlfriend Jessica in June:
Me: My friend David and I were thikning of themes for the wedding. The best one is definitely the Legend of Zelda wedding, which opens when I start shouting "HEY, LOOK LISTEN, HEY, LISTEN!!!" at all of your friends and family. We'll keep the rings in a chest, but I won't give you the chest until you push my podium to the left. The ceremony concludes when I say IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE—TAKE THIS and present you and Jessica to each other.
John: While I think that is an excellent wedding plan, Jessica does not seem so enthusatic.
[during Starcraft]
Me: Steven, are you eating something? Your voice sounds funny.
Steven: Yeah, I have a sore.
Me: Ahh. Too much dick lately?
Steven: Too much pussy.
[stunned silence]
David: ...well Davis, now are you glad that you asked?"
Today I had a long conversation with Keir. I have been thinking about reposting parts of it, because it is pretty illustrative of my philosophy, and people have seemed to be more interested in that sort of thing lately.
I look forward to MEGA DND on Wednesday!!!
We ought to get together for New Year's also (or even the whole or a great part of the 31st).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was really no big deal. It's not like we sat around that whole time doing nothing.
Besides, it's more offensive that you got tired and signed off, then proceeded to stay up late making a blog post instead of playing with us hahaha.
And I don't know about Owl City. It's not really my scene in general. It's like with most newer music, I will tolerate it being on in the background, but I have better things I could seek out to listen to.
Owl City will always sound to manufactured and not raw or real enough for me but it certainly sounds pretty and I understand how one could find pleasure in it. I will give them another listen to but you should check out the Two Gallants which is my current favourite non-mainstream band.
It was a good talk, I'm already trying to apply certain aspects of it to my life.
excellent wedding plan; you should go through with it regardless of bridal approval.
lol'ed in my room when I read the latest stashley related awkward/hilarious moment.
also, I don't think The Beatles are a very accurate analogy given that Fireflies was really Owl City's only (legit/popular/overplayed) single. A reference to a popular one-hit wonder band might be more appropriate than a band with dozens of super-popular singles imho.
Post a Comment