
Picture that I made on Keir's computer when I was bored.
I shall now detail my observances of the flora, fauna, and minerals of West Gainesville.
On Friday I was lucky enough to spot an armadillo on someone's lawn. It seems that they take the place of opossums down here (i.e. many are on the side of the road).
There are also many small lizards that walk around and can be found outside the house, on the pavement, etc. Tiny frogs are constantly jumping out from underfoot, at least at nighttime. Keir assures me that we will get the chance to see an alligator before I leave. I have not been able to observe many species of insects (or any at all) because during the day it is blistering hot.
The grass here looks like crabgrass. Keir assures me that it is in fact the grass that you want and not a weed-like thing such as the crabgrass we have at home. Its blades are thicker, wider, and taller, and there are fewer blades to each square foot of grass. This leads me to believe that the larger blades take advantage of the sunlight here. Most trees that I have observed are deciduous. Some are tropical coconut-looking palm tree look-alikes. It is novel and strange to see flat roads stretch for miles alongside carefully manicured patches of grass and dark patches of deciduous forest.
We saw some rocks by darkness today. I did not have a chance to examine them. It looked as if they were of volcanic origin. More tomorrow.
Today we slept late, 10:40. Played some Rogue Leader, which we are now stuck on. We began the filming of Nerds Gone Wild 2.5, a film to rival the other two. Muhahahahaha.
We did this for quite some time. After, Ishan, one of Keir's good friends (and now one of mine) came over and hung out for a while. He is a very good guy. Many of his mannerisms are similar to mine.
We left for Moe's, a local Mexican restaurant, at about 6:20 today. I was able to meet three more of Keir's friends: Richard, Zach, and Kristin. They are all nice, except for Richard. He is a loser.
We have nearly finished filming for the music video and are now retiring for the night. Ironic that back home I would never consider going to sleep this early. Usually we've gone to sleep around 1 Florida time.
Tomorrow is the grand poker party at Keir's house. Tuesday, perhaps a chance to go to some lakes and see some gators, or perhaps more hanging out with people. Wednesday, Richard's great illegal fireworks display, which will hopefully not cost me an appendage. Thursday, last-minute finishings up of things, perhaps with a visit to the "gardens" or some other place fun.
Signing off,
No comments:
Post a Comment