Saturday, June 30, 2007

Flovida Stage 1, 2

So I got up at 4:30 on Friday to make it to the airport "on time" according to my mom, which was of course like 5 billion hours before my flight left. I had two flights. The first was five hours long. 5 HOURS! It was a bad one. Thank god for my literacy. I caught a connecting flight in Atlanta and found myself in JAX (Jacksonville international) a few hours later. After some commotion about baggage, Keir and Rich (Keir's dad) and I set out. We got home late so Keir and I just hung out and talked much.

Saturday: Woke up at 10. Damn that was nice, especially after the time change. Good breakfast, then Keir and I played some Smash brothers. It was pwnage. I'm sorry Keir, but your Smash skills are not what they used to be (and neither are mine). Keir decided that he wanted to play some old games that we used to play when I came over back in the day. We played Stratego. We were supposed to meet one of Keir's chums after "dinner" (lunch) but he was unable to see us so we hit the pool instead. Then we rode bikes to Haile, a snobby "subdivision" of Gainesville, but not actually a separate town. After "tea" (dinner), we watched a Bad Religion DVD, which was very cool, and played some Rogue Squadron, which was very awesome. FOr the past two hours we have dicked around on Facebook in his room. But why go to bed before 12 anyway?

I hope everyone is well. It is very hot here. Rich said that they would turn their air conditioning down to 78 for me. Jesus Christ! And it's even hotter outside.

To Mom: Don't worry, Rich assured me that we will have a rotation of dinners: Pizza, Taco Bell, and restuarant chicken.

No comments: