Sometimes, you just ask yourself questions. Why are we here? What is the meaning of life?
When was the last time you crapped by candlelight?
Our house had no power from 5:30 on Saturday until 11:45 on Monday. We lived with candles, ate cookies for dinner, spent the night at Charlie's school. After all, it was both warm and lighted. This prompted some interesing talks with teachers ("Why was this late?" "I, uh...didn't have any electricity..."). Kind of like camping. It was almost fun. Except for the part where I smashed my knee into a 150-lb piece of machinery and had to lie around with ice on it for 5 hours. And it still hurt.
Well, since the power was out, I couldn't do what I do best: play video games. At least the kind that require a power outlet. Naturally, I spent a lot of time playing Pokemon on my gameboy. In fact, I was scooting closer to a lamp to get better light on my GBA screen when it clicked off and we lost power. But it's back on now. I daresay I'm good to go.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment