Well, last night my family went over to the Powers' house for dinner. We had tortillas, bean salad stuff, and meat. MMmm. I introduced Jacob to Resident Evil. Four hours later, I just realized that I had watched him play it for four hours! That was okay, because I read his MAD magazines.
I had a really weird (but actually quite predictable) dream last night. I was walking with my party (included Jacob, Jack, Charlie, and probably Zach and others) through...somewhere. And there were Ganados (zombies) there. We had to shoot 'em up, and I lost my pistol. Well, I eventually found another, and 4 extra boxes of ammo! Suddenly, we were in the border crossing to Canada. I was faced with the realization that I was carrying a loaded weapon and lots of ordinance, but I needed it or else I would die. So I said to the customs agent, "I really need this. If I tell you I'm a Boy Scout, will you let me keep it?" She said yes. I said, "I'm a Boy Scout." I got through, but was then faced with a dilemma. Should I trade one box (10) of my pistol bullets for some rifle and magnum ammo? My mom said no, so I didn't.
So today I went waterskiing with him and his dad on Lake Washington. It was really sweet. I got "up" and skiing on my first try! It was cool, but kind of hard. As soon as your ski begins to dip and you feel yourself go under, you have to let go or else you'll get hurt when your face meets the water at 20 miles per hour. I also went on the innertube, which was crazy. I was going at an insane speed, and as Jacob's dad started to turn, I was suddenly filled with the realization that I would not be able to hold on. I tightened my grip and wiped out.
When we got back here, Charlie wanted us to take the flag pole down (we're going to redo the deck). It took our dads a collective hour and a half to figure out how to get the flagpole down without a) killing anybody and b) breaking the flagpole, since Charlie was filled with the idea that we can put our 54-foot iron flagpole back up. My idea was to let it go, thus smashing the supports for the deck and saving us a helluva lotta work. Nope. We finally got it down, and I spent a hot, dusty half hour pulling out the staples that hold our dog fence to said support beams (we are good dog owners, we put those ^#*^@&@ in deep).
Oh, and the orange "man-out-of-boat" flag the Powers have says "SKI SAFELY!"
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment