Well, I just returned from the MS 150 (kind of). A quick overview of the preceding days:
Monday-Wednesday 1-3: A faint blur, like the snow shown when Salazar hacks Leon's radio thing.
Thursday 4: Zach came over. We played some SSBM, and then journeyed to Fred Meyer for a noble quest, which will be discussed more in-depth at the end of this post. I scrambled to get ready that night.
Friday 5: I got it all together (literally) and headed over to the Burt's house to depart for the MS 150! ('priceless relic' music). We drove down there, and I tried to read Cry, the Beloved Country, but to no avail. I did, however, succeed in leaving most of my things at my house, so I had to borrow some stuff from the Bangs, our Oregonian friends. It turned out all right. Orion and I tried to beat the high scores on all of his Wario Ware minigames to unlock the final games. Needless to say, we didn't have enough time. So we finally got the campground and set up the most expensive and confusing tents I have ever laid eyes on. They were campground tents, sturdy, big, heavy, tents, the kind that I haven't even thought about for the last 5 years, because all I do now is backpack. We finally got those up, then went to a delicious Chinese dinner (ha! ha ha!).
Saturday 6: The first day! It was a lot of bike ridingee, obviously. There were rest stops every 15 or so miles. It was hot and hard at some points, and I lagged behind the other two, but ti was sweet. I got back 20 minutes after them and followed their sack-hitting example. The stupid place ran out of dinner (maybe I shouldn't have helped myself) so we went to a pizza/pasta place for dinner.
Sunday 7: Second day! It was considerably more hilly than the first. We had old guys ahead of us, then we'd pass them on the climb, then they'd scream past on the downhill. Madness.
Nick and Orion waited for me before finishing; they're such sweethearts. So we finished, us 3, and took showers. Then I went home with my parents ('home' being the Bangs' house, of course). I slept in their hammock and we later saw a movie about the destruction of the world (more on that later).
Monday 8: We ate breakfast and stuff and talked and all that and then and and and we finally left to go to what must have been a city planner's cruel joke. Yes, strip malls or plazas or whatever you fancy they be called. Sheer Hell. I must have spent close to 3 hours in the car, waiting for the end. We didn't get home until about 4, at which point I refused to remove my hands from my Gamecube controller. I kind of started Harry Potter, reading only up to page 167.
Tuesday 9: I woke up, ate, and began reading Harry Potter. Yes, yes. My bliss was interrupted by Charlie's gleeful proclamation that I had chores to do. After their completion, back to the book. I finished sometime around 4:30 in the afternoon (the reader may notice that the author has skipped practice yesterday...but come on).
Wednesday 10 (Today): Woke up. Ate. Thought about haveing someone over. Realized that everyone was gone. Played Resident Evil for a while. Warmed to stretch, got distracted by the piano, and now here I am blogging. Perhaps an update later tonight. Yes, that is in order.
But, for now, I must explain how Evil came to take residence in my downstairs. Zach and I went to Fred Meyer to unlawfully purchase Resident Evil 4. After it was rung up, however, I realized I had only 43 dollars of the required $43.51. For lack of a better word, ^#*#$%@!!! I found 4 cents in myt bike bag; we were now only 47 cents short. We could have looked for change, asked for change, or gone home. We did none of these. We went to Jack's house. After some long, heated dialogue, and then some friendly chatting, we procured the necessary monies. Oh 7es 1ndeed. And that's it. We played it until he went home, and then I played it some more, and more on Friday before I went to Orion's house. It's good. What's even better is that it only took 3 hours of shotgun blasts and screams to realize that the TV should not be turned up very loud at all.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment