Monday, May 30, 2005

V-I-C-T-O-R-IA!

Yo yo. Though it's a little late, I'll talk about our awesome VICTORIA BAND TRIP!

So David came over at 9 on Saturday, and Charlie took us on an REI adventure to get "the perfect map." Then we went back to my house, got our crap, and went to school to board the bus. We rode and talked, and I saw a real live fallout shelter sign!!! YESSSSS! Then we got on the ferry- erm, Clipper; Zack, David, Orion and I played poker (for money!) the whole time. I came out out two dollars (yes, there were supposed to be 2 'out's back there). We got off and Orion got hald back at Customs, likely because he is Asian. We got to our hotel room and realized that the window opened onto the roof. Hehe. Unfortunately, we were all too scared of chaperones to utilize this special attribute. We spent about 30-50 minutes deciding where to eat dinner, until I found a fish and chips place and realized that I would sell my right leg for some fish and chips. We walked down Douglas Street, but could not find Old Vic's Fish and Chips. So instead we headed towards the nearby comic store. Beyond that was a Gameworks shop, so we naturally gravitated toward that (Orion and I more than Steven and Jack, of course). Then, we took a look-see around, and LO AND BEHOLD, I spotted it!!!! Old Vic's Fish and Chips!! YESS!! They were deliciously greasy, but it took forever to pay and get out of there.
We hung out at the hotel for the rest of the night, and there was much partying in our room. Minus substance abuse, of course.

On Saturday, we took forever to get up and finally met Willy, David, Rob...and..somebody else at Smitty's. It was good. Before that, I went running with Jack, and we wrote a note. Jack didn't know what to write, so I said "write 'we went running. Love Jack and Davis.'" SO he did, and we tried putting it in Orion's hand only to get THE FINGER. We worked out and crap. yeah. So after Smitty's, I went to the wax museum with my comrades (roomies) and Jack took a picture of every exhibit. It was pretty cool, though; they had lots of death stuff (note semicolon use). Then we got all dressed and played in front of the Parliament building. It was fun, and I was really hyped up! Unfortunately, a bird crapped on me during the performance. After that, everybody hung out...yeah. Then there was the banquet, and it had good food except for crappy meat. And Superb chocolate mousse. Yum! Awards were given amid much random applause. Then Steven, David and I went to go play ultimate frisbee behind the parliament building with a large conglomeration of upperclassmen, that included Mickey [Hansen] and Maris [Bickeboeller], two of my senior chums from cross country. We had an awesome time, then walked over to Beacon Hill park to play a game that starts with an 'm. Basically, Mickey and Marisa hid and everyone else tried to find them. David, Steven, and I found them first, OF COURSE. So that was fun, and then we went back to the hotel when it got dark, and hung out. I watched stadn-up comedy with Chung, ROsa, and Robin. And maybe Katie and assorted others. I finally went to sleep at a decent hour, having slept at 4 the previous night (or day, whichever you prefer).

Our alarm went off at 6:40, and Orion and I both made mad dives for it to TURN THE DAMN THING OFF@!@ So we all got dressed, then boarded the top story of a double-decker bus to go to THE MALL, where we ate breakfast and then would begin to march for about an hour in the hot, hot sun. It was fun, and everyone sweated profusely. We netted second place, and Mr. Harshman was kind of disappointed because he suspects we could have gotten first with a bit more practice. Oh well. It was totally sweet. Then we got back and were loading the truck at 12:30. Everyone except for me and Orion made an apparent mad dash for the 12:30 showing of Episode III and did that. Orion and I were inside turning in our keys, and we came out and were like "WTF!? Where did they go?!" So we set up Rob with the ultimate music backpack and were playing such favorites as Get on Top at full blast while walking down the street in Canada. We went to the Elephant Castle or something for lunch, and it was sweet. The motto there was 'Bang On!,' which we later learned is a British term for 'awesome or totally cool.' GO figure. Then we hung out at the mall for the rest of the time, except that we went to Tony's Trick and Joke SHop, where I acquired crowd-pleasing items such as an atheism bumper sticker and corresponding button. We finally headed back, and after checking in, Jack, David, Orion, and I snuck off to the grocery store one more time for chips and Jones Soda. Or something. Then we all boarded the CLipper and off we went. I played some GBA, listened to some tunes, and hung out on the windy deck. But mostly I just hung and chatted with peeps. Then we got back to old U.S.A., and I made myself even MORE hoarse by jamming with Braden on the bus on the way back. THen we were home, and I caught a ride with Mr. Altena. I avoided my mom's questions and hit the sack.

Highlights of last week:

Tuesday: I got nothing.
Wednesday: I got nothing
Thursday: Our final pre-concert band practice. Mr. Harshman makes off-color joke about his whacking, and I respond with "Bang on, Mr. Harshman!" noice. Our concert was all right, I guess; we played Rise of the Firebird, In the Forest of the King (La Furet, King Dagobert), and The Marriage of Figaro
Friday: Piano, I suppose. Yeap. I tried to pack for the hike (which is detailed in the following post), but failed.

But how could I forget Orion?

"OH SHIT!!"

it rox my sox.

No comments: