Monday, April 13, 2009

Things and some stuff

So, a lot has happened since I last posted. Mainly, I went to Greece. I am currently finishing up my journal of what happened on the trip; once it is done I will post it up for you guys so you can all read it in its probably-12-pages-single-spaced glory. For now I will leave you with this: I fell in love with Greece. That trip was the best 11 days of my life. I wish I could live there forever.
It was a shock to return home and have to get right back into the swing of things. Our flight home was delayed so we got back the day before classes started, not two days before as had been the previous plan. I drove over in the morning with Charlie, just in time to make my Music Theory class with my Russian professor(who is such a badass that she deserves her own series of blog posts, which I will ge to some time in the future). I am really busy this quarter. I have 17 credits and I have applied for a job as a tutor, so I will be doing stuff pretty much all day every week day. However, I have started to figure out tricks about what stuff to practice and what stuff to wing in music and choir, so I think that I might be able to make it through okay. That's good, since I have been hanging out with people from the trip almost every day since we got back. ALmost everyone on the trip was cool and I made two really good friends, both of which are girls and one of which I am dying for. So I am back in "the game," I guess; it kind of sucks because this girl is really hard to read and even my other female friends can offer at best tentative advice. I have been listening to a lot of rock and punk music, especially Less Than Jake, blink 182, and The Descendents. They are specialists in being a really nice guy but having no confidence with girls. Things seem to have been going pretty well though, so hopefully something will happen...
That's kind of my main concern right now because I REALLY like this girl. Enough of my drama.

This quarter I have choir, music theory, composition, voice lessons, English 102, and my DHC classes, as well as yoga. English 102 is made for morons. The professor is really boring and he elaborates on pointless things. THe course is about how to write an argument, which is something that I have been doing pretty well for several years. Also, AP English gave me credit for ENglish 105, but for some reason it woudln't count for 102. Bleh.
The other new things are voice lessons and composition. I have decided to focus on singing since I won't be able to reliably piay the piano any time soon. I'm really excited. I'm singing in a jazz combo now, so I won't be able to make fun of jazz singers anymore; conversely, it's actually pretty difficult and really scary so I have more respect for them anyway. Composition is really cool. The professor is an aweosome compoer and she knows a lot about music history. We get to write our own stuff as well as analyze the big guys. At the end of the quarter we have a recital where people play the stuff that the composition studio has written.
So classes are good for the most part, but I'm just really busy and trying to figure out my girl situation so I have a lot of things on my mind right now. I am also still negotiating the transfer to Eastern. My mom brought up the idea of buying a car and commuting to Eastern for my piano lessons while staying at Central, so now I'm really conflicted as to which option is the best way to go.
Basically, I have a lot of stuff on my mind right now. Sometimes I feel like I could use a hug. Either that or an instant cure for my hands. I will have to post up some pictures of my Greece trip when I get my journal online.

2 comments:

Oreo said...

"This is the old dude, Harry Jay Reynolds and you're listening to Less Than Jake." Dunno if that was the right name but hopefully you get the reference.

David said...

I like how you said you were listening to "music" then proceeded to mention those three bands.

Also, if your piano lessons would be more than once a week, commuting to Eastern would probably not be a good idea because I think it's roughly a 2 hour drive to Cheney.

As for the essay, I had no idea it was single spaced. That makes you twice as badass as I thought.