Day 8: Sunday, March 29
We got up, packed quickly, ate more quickly, and left for the Sophotel, near the Athens airport. It was SUPER NICE and very fancy. We had comped lunch and dinner, so everything was great. The rooms were huge and comfortable; only Katelyn and Dr. Pappas, and Jessie, Ashley, and Ryan, left the hotel the entire day, I think. I listened to music, took a shower, and generally relaxed. We all went up to lunch, where we had a very fancy meal with live music by a tender pianist with a sweet, delicate touch. I asked him for My Foolish Heart and it took him several tries but he finally got it; my heart was feeling very foolish at that point. For the rest of the day, I hung out with Becky, Jess, and Shannon mainly; later Amy joined us and I told the four of them a bedtime story, instantly becoming a legend among the other males on the trip. Like I said, it was a GREAT day. Becky and I bought some stamps at the airport and I finally got my postcards mailed. After dinner (which was excellent once again) I headed over to the airport with Amy, Jess, Kate, and Katelyn and we milled about for some time; I scored a great Thelonius Monk CD. I went swimming with the TAT and then talked with a bunch of people until bedtime. What a relaxing day—my brain finally had time to start sifting all the ingredients and make something intelligible out of this primal, wondrous experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment