So I'm here in Neenah, Wisconsin, at the Scudder residence. It is 11:57 pm. I have not slept for the last 39 hours. I shall detail my adventures:
Woke up at 8 on Tuesday and did normal activities. Okay, blah blah blah. I spent my day packing and gaming. I tried to take a nap at 9, but to no avail. I wish I had slept, because we left for the airport at 10:50, to catch my 12:55am flight (good job estimating how much time we needed, Mom). So I did that, and the flight was the very bad. I tried to sleep but phailed. Thankfully, I was energized for some reason or another. I arrived at Minneapolis/St.Paul airport at 6 (WI time). I flew out to Milwaukee at 7:20 and got in around 8. Suddenly, by the baggage claim, I saw him. Jack! We climbed into the car and headed out. We grabbed some McDonalrds' breakfast and began the journey to Great America, a huge Six Flags theme park in Illinois. It was raining and we thought to beat the crowds. Unfortunately, it cleared up and we had only a few hours until the hordes arrived. We (meaning Jack, Luke, Ben, and I) first tried the Orbit, a thing that whirls little carriages around at ever-stranger angles. We then hit up the Viper rollercoaster, then the Raging Bull rollercoaster (complete with near-vertical drop), and then the El Diablo Loco Mine Drop. One of those big towers that drops you in a free-fall and then stops you. It was so high. Like 200 feet. Well, probably not that much, but it was really scary all the same. As the chairs began to drop, an acute listener might have heard a faint, "FUCK! OH JESUS CHRIST!" And by faint, I mean me screaming at the top of my lungs. It was so good that we did it again. Then we set out to do the cow ride, the Ricochet, a thing with chairs that fling out and go up and down. It was good but very bad for the head. Then we rode the Demon, a coaster that had two loop-de-loops and a corkscrew section, and went underground. It was sweet. The other guys rode the DejaVu, one of those pieces that has you hanging from underneath the track. It also held you up in the air and then dropped you. I was not feeling very good at this point, after no sleep and eating mainly chocolate-chip granola bars on the plane. It all worked out, however. After lunch, we rode the American Eagle coaster, a very long track with a huge fall to rival Raging Bull's. The orld, screeching track produced a very large headache in my brain. After that, we hit up the water area. They had a wave pool, a river with a current, and a huge tower-play-structure thing, all of which we used to the highest capacity. We also did some cool water-slalom type rides. Finally, it was time to leave. After a long car ride, we ate dinner in Oshkosh (15 minutes from home) at Culver's, a very cool drive-in style restaurant. WE made it back home to Neenah and here I am! Much talking has occurred, and I presented teh_scudderer with his yearbook. Indeed, it was a glorious moment. Cheers to all! Now I bid you farewell, for I must sleep and rise early tomorrow to stand in the hot, hot sun of a plane show. Wish me luck.
God Bless Wisconsin.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sorry man, i said i would read it but u know my attention span. plus your text is hella hard to read with that background, though it does pwn.
ok i really hate it when people comment multiple times on posts, but this time i read it. seems like your a busy little bee over there. liked the part about the faint=screaming.
too long, cant read, getting steven to give me the annotated version.
Post a Comment