Monday, January 17, 2005

Back to the old ball-in-chain

Today's Song: Meant to Live by Switchfoot
Yesterday's Song: Get On Top (yeah, fools!)

Music Video: http://freepgs.com/penguins/media/movie.html (In case you weren't already saturated with links)

Well, I need to face my fears. Keir is gone. Homework reigns once again. iTunes and video games can only stave off the madness momentarily. Damn. Damn! I relish the sound of that word.
English looms over my head. I can't escape...

Well, see, on Saturday Keir and I went to Wilfred's house (read his blog, man) and made "the video." Then we went to Stephen Erickson's house, and it was awesome. We just hung out, ate pizza, played games, and crap like that. Then we came home at like 5 and there was a party at 6. Lots of people from Indian Guides (like Boy Scouts, kind of, except better) came. That means a lotta girls, some 8-year old, and GABE! Yes, Gabe, our Jewish rebel friend. So we listened to music, played pool, played Super Smash Brother, and Metroid and TimeSplitters. We also had to dump that kid, so he played 'cube while we hung out. I got a lot of music from Gabe: Rancid, Bad Religion, the Dead Kennedys, Flogging Molly, and other stuff. So that was awesome.
On Sudnay, Keir and I went skiing at Snoqualmie. We already got our skis and crap, so we didn't have to do their mailto:#--#&^@@!% rental, heh. Over in the car, we had to play Pokemon, which, I might mention, is a beautiful piece of 8-bit mastery. I slaughtered him, of course. Ha HA! So we got there, booted up, stepped out. We hit the slopes. Or rather, the line. It took us 20 minutes to get on the lift, and then we realized that the slope was Green AND blue, not just green. Oh, !!! It was soooooooo steep, and we were soooooo scared. We finally got down, and we were so cold. Nearly frostbitten, likely. We went in the lodge and warmed up, then hit Little Thunder (green circle). Ha Ha! Those newbs ate our powder! But now my butt hurts so much. All that turning of skis and stuff. But it was so awesome. We went like 6 times. Then I had to say goodbye to Keir, and it was so sad. We almost cried. So I had to make my way across the cold, uncaring ice, leaving a golden friend in his rental SUV. Damn SUV! I trudged back to the car, but I did finish The Memory of Earth.
And now here I sit, blogging. Methinks I should get a computer for my room. Then I won't notice the lack of a CD player, and I can sleep on the top bunk.

Yeah....

Hold on to your friends, guys. Someday they might move to Florida and grow bigger than you.

No comments: