Sunday, October 03, 2004

A spike in my foot

Well, stuff happened.

I went to Yakima on Friday. But not just went to Yakima! I endured harsh things, like a 3-hour bus ride with awesome peole and entertainment, going to a hotel, EATING GOOD FOOD; all to run in SUNFAIR (it was an XC trip)

We left at 11:40 Friday and drove to Ellensburg, where we stopped for a gas station thing to buy crap *erm* food. Then we got back on the bus and continued driving until we reached the park (Franklin Park, maybe? I dunno) where SUNFAIR was at. Then we went to the Holiday Inn and got our rooms. Then we were let loose for dinner and stuff. We all went to this killer sub shop and got subs. I hung out with Yi and Stefano. And Matt.
After we were done playing in Target, we all went back and eventually went to sleep.

Before I tell you that I had to share a bed with Matt, let me just say:
1. It wasn't like that.
2. It fricking wasn't like that.
3. IT...WASN'T...LIKE...THAT!!!
4. That stupid boy kept stealing all the blankets so I was cold all night.

We woke up and ran at Sunfair. I ran in the Frosh race (boohoohoo) which was only 2 miles. It started at 9:30 (score!!) This was because my ankles locked during the last race so I didn't get into Varsity.
During the race, my ankles crapped up again. I swear to God I could have kicked for 400 meters and still been okay. 12:32. Damnation!!

We watched everybody race (kudos to Stefano; varsity, 3.0 mi 18:56)
At like 5:30 our bus departed and we reached Shorewood at 9:46 p.m. just as I was finishing my conversation with Tim about how the universe works. Oh my God. I didn't sleep very well at all.

That's it. Ask me at school because it was a great time.

Captain

No comments: