It's not fair. The Legend of Zelda is over. All it does is give you a title screen that says, The End. You can't press A to save or even to continue to the title screen. It's not supposed to work that way. There's so much that I missed--Pieces of Heart, Golden Bugs, Poes, chests, weapon upgrades, the secret dungeon--I'm not done yet! And yet it tells me that I am. And I will never have time to go and find all that I have missed--there is too much going on in my crazy maze of a life. I'll never have time to go and discover everything for myself--if I want to know, I'll have to look it up and follow a guide. It will gut my experience and make getting the items practically worthless. But it's all that I have left. Not to know closure, or to know closure, and know that it is fake, and wonder forever if I ever could have taken it all the way all by myself?
School has started once again. It is full of fresh new opportunities for fame and for folly. Perhaps I have taken advantage of both.
Mornings are the worst. Getting up at 5:30 is never fun. I am always tired, which I admit I was prepared for--but it's still a shock. Everything has been crazy lately, with jazz band, marching band, Honors Society collections, FBLA, filing for Torres, crosscountry, and weekend crosscountry meets. I haven't had a free Saturday yet--each week we have gone to all-day meets and I have had to gut it out on Sunday to get my homework done. Today our group started and finished the psych project all in one shot--and although it took longer than I would have liked, it was actually kind of fun. However, we weren't exactly off to an auspicious start. I forgot who we had signed up for, Josh was babysitting all day, I couldn't get ahold of Lizzie. But some thinking and a few phone calls and it all fell into place, and now it's done and we don't have to worry about it anymore. Now all I have to worry about is jazz band, wind ensemble, marching band, essay fundamentals, ap physics, ap calculus, ap music theory, ap psychology, crosscountry, college applications, working for my neighbors, getting enough sleep, keeping my legs healthy, and the Microsoft Excel course I'm taking online.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Well, now things are winding down, I guess. Honors Society dues are done; I have just a few loose ends to tie up (read: people that can't handle deadlines). Crosscountry is down to one meet a week; no more Saturdays. There are only two more football games left. Jazz is easier for me because I brought all of the skills that I learned over the summer. All I really want is time to play video games and hang out with friends. HALO 3 party sometime? I suppose as the school year keeps going I'll get more and more used to it, but Sunday nights are still hard for me to handle. Suddenly it's eight o'clock and I realize that I have to practice the piano and get my things ready for school and then go to sleep and wake up early for a long grind of a week of early rising and late resting. It's not fair because the game ends at eight o'clock when I have to get ready, and the magic is never supposed to end.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
ah...the woes of a senior who is slightly over-involved...
btw...online Excel course...?
New post for you as well.
i agree. you're nearly as slow as me.
you can change your profile note now.
I know how you feel with LoZ....except I don't play cube that often and stick the the multiplayer competetive games now. That way there aren't really objectives, just gratification from winning.
U-pdate, something you never do anymore.
P-lay gamecube, something you do to avoid posting.
D-ate Tracy, something eating up much of your time.
A-sk yourself why you aren't posting.
T-ry to get back in the habit of updating.
E-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Post a Comment