Mandatory reading for all noobs:
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/news/stories/20070417.html
I find this to be true, particularly the part about knowing that you're playing a game. Exception for Pokemon.
So, this week was like sux and I need not recount it. Last weekend, Amy had invited me to the tolo on Friday, and so we went. It was fun; we ate out, got some food, and then actually went to the damn thing, which was much less fun than the previous activities. I also got to hang out with 7 other seniors. Wowza!
On Saturday I went for a bike ridee with Orion, WIlfred, Andy, and Terence. It was awesome except that Orion and I had to wait forever for them to show up. We returned to his house and partook of his birthday party food, as well as his piano and his HALO. It was awesome. I went home in time to entertain the Powers for dinner. Jacob and I played Timesplitters 2. Then I stayed up late playing Castlevania.
Today started good but then sucked. I had to work and do a bunch of French that I didn't expect. Also my studying for APUSH is lacking. But the absolute worst part is that I am not in possession of Pokemon Pearl. I decided to save my Pocket virginity until May 11, when we have all passed the trial of hell and I can crash the entire weekend with my DS because none of my teachers are mean enough to assign homework *wink wink nudge nudge*.
Science Olympiad weekend post follows.
Friday: We left around 1. Luckily, Orion was the only one in our car. Muchos GBA the whole way down. We finally got to the hotel (it was in Vancouver, Washington) and checked in. We got some cool guys in our room, so it wasn't bad. We got some good Mongolian food at this place. The waitress was hot too. Basically we did nothing and just watched TV. What else do you do in hotel rooms?
Saturday: We got up, had a crappy free breakfast, and headed over to the college. I had three events: the Scrambler, with Orion, the music one, with Lucy, and Entomology, with Erika, my uber assistant. Lucy and I were supposed to build two instruments for the music one, so that was out. Orion and I competed in the scrambler: you have a cart that propels itself (we have a falling weight that tugs on an axle) and you try to get it as close to a wall as possible without too much lateral movement. You also cannot break the egg attached to the front of your cart. Orion and I "inherited" a scrambler that the team has been using for like three years. It's a crappy hulk of wood, glue, and now duct tape. You get two runs with it; the first was not bad, but we gave the weight a real good push on the second one and it slammed into the ground, snapping the string. We promptly decided to curb stomp the scrambler upon our return.
I did entomology with Erika. She didn't know anything about it the first time, but this time she studied up on what I don't know. Together, we managed to net (pun intended) seventh out of 21, which really is not bad considering the questions were things like, "which beetle was put on the endangered species list in the US in 1989?", a question that I still do not know the answer to. Much hanging out in between events, and I actually got some CIDs done. Score.
I will not eat dinner and play the piano, and then fry myself by studying for APUSH. Harrah, harrah, harrah.
Remind me to tell you about those "real beauty" ads on TV.
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There is no way I will read that huge document then this post, so I picked the better of the two. I believe that beetle is the Frigate island palm beetle. Don't ask.
Oh one more thing.
YOU DIDN'T GET POKEMON??? WTF? THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END. ITS THE APOCALYPSE. Hurry and get it to restore world order.
Post a Comment