Monday, July 04, 2005

"Shut up, Arcturus!

...If I wanted your damn opinion, I would've beaten it out of ya."
-Raynor

Sunday (yesterday): Well, I woke up, and I must have done something. Yeah. Around 12, I went to Fred Meyer with my mom and Meredith to get some shoes, and also to return Now 18, which my mom bought for me for my birthday. So we did all that junk, except that it took forever because Meredith took forever trying on swimsuits (cause and effect here). Also, I scored this sweet Galaxian shirt. Y'all have to see it. Then we went to the Shoreline Library, where I picked up 5 books. 2 are Orson Scott Card; one is about Ender's game. I also got this book called Orcs by some guy. It's supposed to change the way we think about them. Well, I'm just gonna say that it's about 700 pages long, so it's gonna change the way I think about something! I spent the rest of the day reading First Meetings in the Enderverse (the aforementioned Ender book). It was really good. Now I'm reading the one about some guy who's an ex-cop in the future and is being hunted by all these people. He says f**k a lot.

Today I woke up and decided to run, then screwed it because it didn't work out yesterday. So I just read and played some Starcraft and did some chores until about 11, when Meredith and I went swimming in the neighbors' pool. It was reallyn fun; we got some water pistols out there, and I kept stealing the noodle from under her:

"Mom, Davis is kicking my butt! Make him stop!"
"Oh, but the butt-kicking has only begun."

Then we had a big water fight for about an hour in the yard, which climaxed (sort of) when Meredith locked me out of the house for about 20 or 30 minutes. Yup, she remembered every door. A chip off the old block (that's me). So I think I just moped around and played S*******t for 3 hours, then my mom told me I was wasting a beautiful day, so I read a book instead. I ran up to Shorewood for practice at 5:10, but no one was there, so I did 4 painful laps. 4 laps! 4th of July! Ha Ha Ha Ha! *dies*

EDIT: Oh, and 4 "ha"'s too! Ha!

1 comment:

David said...

I'm proud of u davis