So it's been a while since my last post. I have been super busy. My schedule is on Google calendars for those who have it, and for those who don't, I am busy, on average, from 11 to 5 each day. I have symphonic/marching band, (6 hrs/week), piano lessons (.5 hr/week), Jazz band (3 hrs/week), Sophomore music theory (4 hrs/week), jazz combo (2 hrs/week), classics lecture (2 hrs/week), and classics colloquium (2 hrs/week), where we write papers based on the previous lecture and get peer review. The music building is 10-12 minutes away (by foot), so when Alex brought my bike from home last week it was a true boon (there is no helmet law here, so it was kind of weird at first to see everyone riding around without a helmet...I still feel a little scared of it because I don't know the terrain very well).
I am now falling into a somewhat regular routine (it has been interrupted by hasty last-minute studying the past few days)--I never have class before 11, so I get up around 8:30, showered & eaten by 9:10, then I have about two hours to practice piano, because it's really hard to get around to it later in the day. I am averaging about 2 hours nowadays, sometimes more for last-minute band prep. I am hoping to get up to three hours eventually, but right now I'm still figuring everything out.
I am making a habit of going to the gym at 10 every night and riding the bike/running for about 30-45 minutes, because if I didn't then I really wouldn't be getting any exercise. I wanted to join karate or biking club, but I just don't have time right now. Every night I am busy busy with homework, and I generally have no time for VGs on school nights. My theory class is pretty hard--that takes up the most time. I also have to write an essay about every other week for my classics colloq, and I am constantly reading 3-4 chapters per week of whatever book we're on (currently The Iliad).
Generally there are lots of fun things going on at my dorm; all the people are really cool and they organize movie nights, ice cream trips, and other fun stuff. We are going to play Quidditch next weekend. Also we have started playing Dungeons and Dragons on Sunday. We are creating new character this weekend and completely switching to Fourth Edition--and for the record, I am a complete supporter. It makes everything a lot simpler and easier and MORE FUN; most of the complexity that was nerfed was unnecessary in the first place. Friday nights are now reserved for Diablo 2, because my RA has ISOs and can DL pretty much anything. Diablo 2 is one of those games of mediocre quality that has really fun drop-in multiplayer (like UA), and also the most incredible item system I have ever seen...it takes drops to a whole new level.
Now for some of my friends:
Travis: My roommate. He has (and he wanted me to say this), the biggest dick ever. He isn't one, but he uses his quite a lot. This man attracts women like flies to rotting meat. We have rules about visitors and sex though so I think it'll be okay (basically, don't cum on the keyboard). He's really a pretty awesome guy, and pretty funny. He has "never read more than three books in my life" and is baffled by common conventions of spelling, grammar, and semantics--so this year will be a lot of fun for me. Pretty close to the perfect roommate, actually.
John: My RA. Almost reminds me of Orion, if you replace science with philosophy and religious studies. He is pr0--he is a total gamer and the DM for DnD. We have lots of fun talking about and doing nerdy stuff with Owen who lives in the corner. When I came to college I was afraid that I would lose this type of friend when I left you guys...but I was wrong.
Owen: Lives in the corner (I live really close to the back of the door, so he is only 2 doors away, really). He is really cool and hails from Pullman, home of WSU. In the summer he works on a farm, and he is totally into VGs and DnD and everything that's nerdy so we have a lot of fun. He will also eat or steal or do anything to anyone so that's always a hoot.
Justine: The Community Planner for our community (Honors College), so she comes up with most of the programs, movie nights, and the like. She has the common sense of humor that we have and that I have with Owen and John so we have lots of fun together.
Stephen: lives right next door. He is another piano major and has an awesome computer/surround/sound/keyboard setup (2 keyboards, thousands of effects, recording capabilities, you name it). He is also really into VGs and stuff so between that and piano we have a lot of fun. He is a procrastinator, though--and I am not (mostly).
That's about enough for now. I hope no one else reads this because I like them all but I have had enough of posting detailed descriptions of people that I live with.
Well, I think that that's a pretty good summary of what has been going on lately.
I hope everyone is doing okay--I'm going to talk to Jack pretty soon here so I'm excited about that. Don't know if I'll ever have time for SC though.
I'll try and get some pics up here soon too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry, but from "Also we have started playing Dungeons and Dragons on Sunday." through "it takes drops to a whole new level,"
I had no idea what you were talking about. We should someday play DnD when you come back to America(Shoreline).
And don't worry. You will have time for SC even if we have to drive out to you to tape your eyes open and glue your fingers to the mouse and keyboard.
Well yeah college sounds fun, so I'll let you get back to it now.
oh david, we will remedy that when we all play DnD back home over winter break.
i am still in awe of your dedication and discipline, davis.
Diablo II? I'll start playing again if you give me your account's name. and DnD shall be played when you return.
Post a Comment