Sunday, March 28, 2004

Okay, well, today we went on this hike. It wsa kinda fun, except that the Scoutmaster made the mistake of inviting FAMILIES to go (the FOOL!). So Jack and Jacob were there, along with other scouts and our siblings. That's right, Luke, Meredith, and Kathleen. Luckily, they left after the first 3 miles.
But dude! Okay, so we park at this place at 9:10. We are ready to go at 9:15. Now I'm not sure what the hell Red (our Scoutmaster) was thinking, but we left the parking lot at 9:50. THen we walked along a paved trail and came to a road. But we could not cross the road. We had to wait for Red to scout the surrounding area to find the trailhead (which would later be discovered to be 20 feet away, across the street). That ordeal took at least 30 minutes. After this, we start hiking. WE TRAVELED 3 MILES IN 2 HOURS. Our moms are so freakin slow!!
Once the guys broke away, we hiked up this really steep hill for around 2 hours. It was really steep, but there was a view at the top, and we got to run all the way back down.
Okay, I guess this is kind of a roundabout way of saying it, but what I'm really trying to say here is that we got back at 5 and we should have been back at 2. Or 3. Maybe.

(I beat Zero Mission again)

No comments: